The National IDDRSI Platform
The National IDDRSI Platform has been established in accordance with The Constitutional Decree number 380 for 2015 signed by his Excellency the President of the Sudan on 10 / September /2015. It is composed of three main units:
- The Ministerial committee consists of eleven Federal Ministers of line ministries of:
- Agriculture; (2) Environment;
- council of Ministers;
- Finance and Economic Planning;
- Water and Electricity;
- Animal Resources;
- Federal Governance;
- Social Affairs;
- International Cooperation;
- Environmental Council for Urban development;
- The Minister of Agriculture is the chair person for the committee, the Minister of Environment, Natural Resources and Physical Development Co-chair and the Under-Secretary of the Ministry of Agriculture is the reporter.’
- The Extended Committee is composed of thirty-four members including the under-secretaries of the line ministries, institutions of the line ministries, civil societies, research institutions and education universities. The Under Secretary of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry is the chair person of committee and the Under-Secretary of the Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources and Physical Development is the reporter.
- The IDDRSI Coordinator for Sudan is the coordinator for the platform.
The Ministerial committee meets four times a year to look into policy reform and structure and performance of the extended committee and of the coordination mechanism. The committee reports to the council of ministers. The committee is authorized to look into any document of relevance to its mandate.
The extended committee meets four times a year to implement the mandate of six items:
- To consider the inclusion of the components of drought policy reforms in the country financial approval,
- Preparation of plans and strategies and national priorities concerning the drought and disaster initiative and mobilization and استقطاب financial resources for the programs and projects,
- Strengthening the support to ensure national and international linkages to provide policies and indicators for drought in order to reach the target results,
- Preparation of studies to enhance improvement of coordination mechanism and the coordination between the concerned institutions at the Federal and State levels,
- Coordination of interaction between platforms within relevant institutions through periodic exchange of information, execution of seminars and workshops, exchange of experience, lessons learnt and good practices and publishing of their knowledge, that is in addition to establishment of information centers relevant to drought in Sudan,
- The extended committee can seek support from experts, specialists and resource persons perceived as relevant in addition to the development partners to assist the committee in performing its duties.
The mandate and duties of the Coordination unit are contained in six items:
1. Liaison between the Ministerial and the extended committees,
2. Mobilization of resources to steer the functions of the platform,
3. Preparation of the regulations for platform meetings,
4. Preparation of meetings agenda and the invitations,
5. Take the responsibility of leadership of duties assigned by the platform.
6. Committed to national and regional engagement of IDDRSI activities